Friday, October 1

A Few of My Favorite Things...

....about Fall. 

When I was younger SUMMER was my favorite time of year.  Not only was school out, but it was sunny and warm and GLORIOUS.  Pools, laying out and soaking up rays were the only things on the agenda.  But, as I grow older I find myself LOVING the Fall weather.  Don't get me wrong, Summer still holds a HUGE place in my heart, but there is just something about Fall that reels me in more and more each year.  I'm not too sure what it is, but these things might play a part:

Colors - Orange, Brown, Yellows, deep Reds.  YES PLEASE. 
Clothing - Sweaters, tights, boots, thick socks, sweaters, scarfs, jackets, sweaters. 
Smells - the crisp air {in the morning and night, but especially in the morning} and pumpkin spice
Speaking of pumpkin spice, how about that latte? 
Halloween
Fall drives with the windows down
Curling up by the fire with Husbo {We don't have a fireplace, but I'm imagining that this would be marvelous}
Did I mention sweaters?
Carving pumpkins
Just straight up -- pumpkins
Fall means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner and that means more time with family.  {Except this year the family is all going to Hawaii for Christmas. Husbo and I cannot go because of our jobs.  Dear Jobs, you suck.}
FBS is back {I haven't decided if this adds to the allure of Fall, but it does something...}
Porching  it -- the act of sitting on the porch, wrapped in a blanket and watching the people walk by

It may be getting cold outside, but this list just warmed my insides.  And now I'm starting to sound a bit too cheesy...that must be my cue.  I'm out for today.  I hope everyone can enjoy this first day of October and the rest of Fall! 

2 comments:

  1. wow great minds think a like!!! we had similar posts today and I am just now seeing yours after mine already posted! DIKS 4 life!

    ReplyDelete

life as a battle All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger